I’m a huge candle lover! Not only are candles lovely decor, but candles also have the power to instantly transform the ambiance of a room and enhance any mood you choose to set. I’m always trying new candles but there are a few that I’m always reaching for and restocking. Today I’m sharing my favorite candles so that you too can build a timeless candle collection for your home.
Relaxing & Warm
1. Byredo Bibliothéque // Every book lovers dream! The moment you light this candle, it instantly fills your home with that warm smell of book bindings and romantic pages. This scent is very relaxing and warm for a cozy evening. Light Bibliothéque, slip into your most comfortable loungewear and grab a good book. The style of this scent is woody with hints of sweetness from the top notes of peach and plum. This candle also has notes of peony, violet, leather, patchouli, and vanilla.
6. Le Labo Santal 26 Classic // This candle lasts forever! Because I’m a fan of Le Labo perfumes, last year I saw this candle on sale and decided to give it a try. It’s a great outdoor cozy fragrance. It’s a bit musky, which I love, especially for a night-in. With notes of amber, coco, vanilla, cedar, spices, musk, sandalwood, the 26 classic is quite sophisticated. Think of adventurous elegance.
Light & Fresh
2. Diptyque Baies // My friend Amy gave me this candle as a birthday gift years ago, and I’ve bought it ever since. It’s the perfect signature candle for any home. The irresistibly fresh and sweet scent carries through the entire room, creating a lively and welcoming atmosphere. With notes of rose and blackcurrant leaves, light this for an instant mood boost. A great benefit is that the jars are beautiful too. I save them to store my make-up brushes.
8. Archipelago Hamptons Luxe // I’ve never been to the Hamptons but this candle is exactly how I imagine it to smell. With notes of driftwood, water lily, and jasmine, this candle smells like those cherished small beach town memories. It’s a wonderfully refreshing summer fragrance to fill your home.
3. L’Objet No. 6 // Smells like summer in France. I stumbled upon this candle by accident and am so glad I did. After reading the story behind the inspiration of this candle, I was so intrigued that I ended up purchasing it. You can read the story here. It has such a unique smell. I honestly had a tough time categorizing it because the jasmine brings out a springtime freshness, but the nutmeg and saffron evoke a spicy and sweet warmth and softness. It’s unique, in a beautiful way! The vessel is beautiful as well.
4. Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir // This was my first Jo Malone candle and sparked my love for Jo Malone fragrances. This fragrance, although fruity, it isn’t too sweet. It’s quite romantic and exotic. If you like fruitier scents but want something to carry you into a romantic evening, this one is perfect. With notes of pomegranate, raspberry, plum, pink pepper, lily, and spicy wood, this seamless fragrance blends into any season. My favorite part of burning this candle is the spice scent that seems to linger hours after the candle is extinguished.
5. Jo Malone Orange Blossom // As a Florida girl, nothing makes me feel more at home than a citrusy orange fragrance. Jo Malone’s Orange Blossom candle transports me back to my favorite childhood memories of backyard family picnics and mid-summer water balloon fights. My mom grew orange and lemon trees, so this fragrance feels very much like home. As with anything Jo Malone, it’s a very elegant and sophisticated fragrance to fill the room. Perfect for summer.
7. The White Company Wild Mint // The fragrance is a combination of mint, peppermint, spearmint, and white tea. This is an excellent kitchen candle to light while you cook or meal prep. It’s a bit too herbal to place in other rooms, but I love a good herbally kitchen.
Do you have a favorite candle?